Saturday 23 July 2011

1st Review for Essex Mums - Hickory Dickory Door Plaque

I was thrilled to receive my door plaque from Hickory Dickory this week.  With my daughter moving into her new room in preparation for the arrival of our new baby my husband and I had been decorating her new room for the past few weeks, but it needed that personalised finishing touch to make it complete.

The door plaque is beautiful, well finished and very sturdy. Instead of the usual MDF it is made from birch-plywood and hung with a ribbon of raffia.What’s more Hickory Dickory only use sustainable woods, non-toxic paints and environmentally friendly material so I know its kind to the environment too.  Priced at £17.95 it is slightly more than I would have paid if I was to have purchased a mass produced piece, however I feel that it is defiantly worth the extra for the bespoke service and the knowledge that the gift is a one of piece.
Being handmade also means that any name can be catered for. I find that my daughters name is not always widely available in shops, so purchasing personalised items from Hickory Dickory’s online store is the perfect solution. Their gifts are wonderful for new arrivals, christenings, and birthdays or just for a special treat.  They are made to last and treasure. I will defiantly be buying another when the new baby arrives; they have a great range of colours on offer for both boys and girls.


Hickory Dickory is the work of Lisa Ebdon BA Hons, a Brighton based artist and mother of three girls. She aims to bring quality, durability and style to every piece of work she undertakes. For more information about our services, please call Hickory Dickory on 0796 9724 996 or email info@hickorydickory.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment