Saturday 16 July 2011

Reasons to smile on this rainy Essex day

I have been looking forward to this weekend for ages. The Chelmsford Beers festival is a date I put in my diary as soon as it is announced, and then I start day dreaming about the hot sunny day I will be spending in a field drinking cold Belgium beers and chatting with friends.  This year’s reality is I’m 6 months pregnant so no alcohol can pass my lips and I awoke this morning to grey clouds and constant rain. Don’t you just love the English summer!
So sitting here deciding what wellies would go best with my outfit I started to compile a list in my head of things that still make me smile on this dreary Saturday morning.

We’re having a 3D baby scan
Thanks to my wonderful friend Emma from the London Woman’s Clinic on Harley St, we are lucky enough to get to try out their new 3D scanning equipment next week prior to the new scans being offered to their patients.  I’m so excited to see baby Langley again and also looking forward to showing my lovely daughter Scarlett her baby brother or sister on screen in an attempt to make it all seam a little more real for her.  Can’t wait to report back on how it went and to show you all the wonderful photos that their new scanning equipment can produce.
Ben and Jerrys Sundee Festival
Next weekend (23rd and 24th July) sees the return of free ice-cream to Clapham Common for the Ben and Jerry’s Sundee Festival.  2 days of delicious ice cream, fun activities and laid-back surroundings, along with headliners Ocean Colour Scene and Maximo Park it’s shaping up to be quite a weekend! A group of us are heading down there on Saturday with the whole family, its such a wonderful festival to take children too as they are really catered for and looked after – and under 5’s go free!!
Everything Alice has arrived
If you haven’t already heard of ‘Everything Alice’ where have you been? It’s a wonderful book of craft and cookery makes based on Alice’s adventures in Wonderland.  It arrived this morning and from the first look it’s amazing! For the photos alone it’s worth getting the book and I already have a list of things I want to make this weekend.  I can’t wait to get stuck in and show you all what I have made – it’ll give me something to do till the rain stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment